Months ago I shared an inspiration board for my son’s nursery but I never got around to posting any final pictures for you. Since we’re starting to think about moving him into a big boy bed in the next few months I thought I better take some nursery pictures before things get changed up. We’re already in the process of transitioning him over, starting with a toddler table + chair set (not telling which one we chose yet…but it’s arriving next week!).
Originally I had dubbed this a “green and brown themed nursery” but as the room came together a few owl prints were purchased, then owl accessories were given as gifts, …..and now it is definitely an owl-themed nursery. I know, I know, owls are everywhere these days. I didn’t start out with the intention of using this über popular accessory, it just happened. Admit it – they are cute. And my son loves his “howels” and “hoo-hoos”, so that’s all that matters.
Hope you enjoyed this little nursery tour. I’m sure I’ll have an update on his toddler room sooner than I’d prefer. Sniff. Sniff.
In case you a interested, here are a few sources:
- Crib (yes, it does look small and that’s because it is a European/mini crib, which are hard to find in Canada!) – DaVinci AnnaBelle Mini Crib, in Espresso, purchased at Baby Shack but widely available in the U.S. We also have the matching change table.
- Paint – Benjamin Moore’s Nature Lover (CC-726).
- Pendant Light – LERAN from IKEA
- Picture Ledges - RIBBA from IKEA
- Chair – POANG from IKEA. This chair made a great nursing chair since it bounces easily, is wide, and the leather can be wiped down easily. I made it even more comfortable with a sheepskin throw.
- Lumbar Pillow – from West Elm, no longer available
- Knit Pouf – from CB2 (fyi – the first CB2 store in Canada will be opening in Toronto this November!)
- Playmat – by Skip*Hop in Green/Brown, widely available at baby specialty stores
- Twinkle Twinkle Owl Print – from Etsy vendor Curry on the Couch
P.S. Here are a couple outtakes from the photo shoot – blocks get strewn down the hall, the little guy wants to climb into my shot, and we all take a Kraft Dinner lunch break….