Be forewarned, today’s post may be a little self indulgent. But I am still on a high from my amazing day and want to share the details with you….
I took a vacation day! Nothing like a little sunshine and plans with great friends on your day off. Here’s what went down:
1. A couple girlfriends and I sat in the CityLine studio audience. It was Thursday “Home Day” which (of course) is my favourite day of the week. So fun! If you live in Toronto or plan on traveling here, definitely try to get tickets. Tracy Moore is so charismatic and energetic, and gosh does she look good! I can’t believe she had her second baby less than a year ago. Amazing.
(Melanie, me, Tracy Moore, Whitney)
2. Next, we headed to Terroni for lunch. Hands down, it’s my favourite restaurant in the city. I know some would disagree but I love southern Italian and the place holds a lot of nostalgia for me. Following fresh bread, spaghetti à limone, cappuccino, discussion on babies, homes, decorating, and maybe some gossip, we were satiated and ready to get our shop on.
Oh! We ran into Sarah Richardson on the way out of Terroni. BTW-she looks way younger in person. Très fab in a short tailored dress.
3. Next up was a visit to the Tonic Living warehouse for some fabric for my friend and client, Melanie. After several failed attempts with other fabric choices, luck was on our side and we found just what we were looking for. You can hop over to Melanie’s blog (Nested Organizing) for a sneak peak of this project -her home office. While we are on the subject of fabric: if you are looking to make curtains, pillows, baby bedding, quilts, or anything else that is crafty and requires fabric, check out the Tonic Living website. A great selection and very reasonable prices.
4. Stopped at Starbucks for a non-fat mocha frappuccino. Yummm.
5. Shopping along Yonge St. around Summerhill. This neighbourhood is my old haunt so it was good to drop in on some of the best home décor shops in the city. If you are looking to do a little window shopping, drooling, or dropping some cash, go for a saunter along Yonge St. and check out these shops:
- Belle Epoque, 1066 Yonge St.
- Constantine Living, 1110 Yonge St.
- Absolutely, 1132 Yonge St.
- Chair Table Lamp, 1156 Yonge St.
- Artifacts Emporium, 1170 Yonge St.
- Boo Boo & Lefty, 1198 Yonge St.
- Decorum Decorative Finds, 1210 Yonge St.
- 1212, 1212 Yonge St.
- L’Atelier, 1224 Yonge St.
6. And last but not least, I picked up my son from daycare and headed to the local park.
A perfect day!