It’s going to be a busy design weekend over here. The pendant lights for my MIL’s kitchen came in, so a trip to Universal Lighting is on the agenda for tomorrow (love this place but the website is meh so you should check it out in person), followed by an early evening event – Canadian Design Bloggers Meetup. Tommy “Sarah’s sidekick” Smythe will be the keynote speaker. Can’t wait! Sunday morning I’ll be checking in on an in-progress project (more details to come on that), then over to another client’s home for her office installation!
This office project has been fun to work on. My client (Melanie) has a great sense of style and the rest of her house is totally awesome. However, her office is the one neglected space in the home. As she is in the process of launching her own business, Melanie was really craving an office space that would reflect her own vibrant personality and would allow her creativity to flourish.
Here are a few BEFORE shots.
With a limited budget but good bones to work with (all existing furniture stayed, as did the wall colour), we got started on a plan that included:
- a DIY nail head corkboard for all her notes, pictures, documents, and snippets of inspiration (jump over here to see her step-by-step instructions!)
- Roman blinds for the bare window
- organization of those shelves (as a professional organizer, she took care of that herself)
- an injection of colour and pattern with the selection of 3 fabrics
- selection of several pre-owned art pieces and personal photographs to hang on the wall and picture ledge
Here is the Inspiration Board:
Stay tuned for pictures after the installation! Have a lovely weekend all!